There are many types of bookcases available in today’s online market. You can choose the one according to your likes and requirements. Some basic types of bookshelves are listed below:
- Wall Mounted Bookshelf: This kind of shelf can be easily mounted on the wall. It doesn’t occupy much space and provides enough space to house an array of books. Also, you can keep flower vase, teapots, and photo frames on its racks to enhance the beauty of your home.
- Floating Bookshelves: This type of bookshelf has a single rack that is attached to a wall. It is suitable for magazines or other light weighted books. You can keep your comics and graphic novels on it to keep alive the memories of childhood tales.
- Barrister Bookshelf: The Barrister bookshelf consists of separate racks that can be stacked together to create a cabinet. The biggest advantage of this piece of furniture is that it comes with a glass door to protect your books from moisture and dust.
- Ladder Bookshelf: The Ladder Bookshelf leans against the wall and provides a unique look to your living area. It is easy to carry and doesn’t occupy much space. Thus, it can be placed anywhere in the home. It only covers vertical space of your room and offers an excellent storage option.
- Corner Bookshelf: If you have limited space available in your home, you should go with the corner bookshelves. You can cover the unused corner of your living area with a corner bookshelf. This type of shelf comes in different sizes to offer you more storage.
So these are the basic types of bookshelves that are widely used by the homeowners. You should consider your available space, requirements, and preferences before choosing one for your home. You can place this functional piece of furniture in any room to create a clutter-free environment. You can accommodate your novels, magazines, dictionaries and some decorative pieces on its racks.