Limestone adds style and durability to homes. You can choose this type of material for different areas of the house. More construction companies are discovering its potential for home design.
- Walls – Builders use limestone mixtures to create walls and foundation. This ensures that the house stands up against earthquakes and heavy impact. You can also be sure about the quality of your home because these materials can last for a lifetime.
- Flooring – Whether exterior or interior, liquid limestone can reinforce tile and wood floorings. It can provide a polished look on swimming pools, pathways, and other surfaces. You can also feel safe walking around because it is non-slip and water-resistant.
- Glass – Limestone is one of the primary elements in glass production. When heated with silica sand and sodium carbonate, it can produce sleek and durable glass materials such as mirrors and fixtures.
Engineering and construction firms include limestone on top of their list. When crushed, this can blend with other aggregates to form cement.
- Roads – Most people believe that roads are pure asphalt. Limestone, however, contributes to the strength of streets and highways. These surfaces can withstand the pressure of vehicles and buildings. These are also good for places with humid weather. While limestone may resist heat, it is vulnerable to acid rain.
- Infrastructure – Limestone comprises the mixtures used for buildings and bridges. You may encounter these in publicly funded and private projects. The product also helps in building train stations, airports, water systems, and domes.